- 8:00 Breakfast and Networking
- 8:30 Business Meeting, Introductions and "Hot Topics"
- 9:00 Featured Speaker
- 10:15 Professional Networking
Renew your pledge to uphold the SHRM Ethics Oath and witness the swearing in of the 2019 SEPA SHRM Board at the January meeting.
Four Sources of a Crisis ~ What You Should Do Both Before & After!
When it comes to a crisis, it’s not “if” but “when”! Plan ahead for next one by joining us to learn:
(1) What causes an organizational crisis, including implications for the important Human Capital role,
(2) What you can do to spot vulnerabilities by assessing and analyzing organizational practices that impact operations and people management and preempt them by deciding on the best available risk management strategies, and
(3) What you should do when a crisis strikes, including your specific prep for handling media Interest (which can be more damaging to you than the crisis).
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Sam Waltz is the Delaware Valley’s best-known strategist and crisis manager, and a former elected global and national president of his industry’s professional society for Public Affairs, PR and Crisis Management (akin to a local Philadelphia SHRM member heading SHRM nationally). He is a Vietnam-era veteran of US Army Counterintelligence and a former DuPont Company External Affairs executive. At DuPont, he was a senior strategic counselor to the C-level leadership of DuPont HR. He has led Crisis Management for dozens of crises, from predatory clergy abuse to theft of funds by execs, to disproportionate and agenda-driven harmful media interest in organizational operations, touching all the usual lightning rods of sex, money and power. Sam has been running his own consulting practice since 1993: SamWaltz.com Strategic Capital & Business Counsel.
- HRCI: 1 Business Credit
- SHRM: 1 Professional Development Credit