Impact or Expense? The ROI of Leadership Development
Management asks for a Leadership Development program to improve their people, but once they see the bill they change their minds. Why?
Quite simply, they don’t see the value. Or perhaps more accurately, they see the expense side concretely while the benefit side is often abstract and fuzzy. Who wants to spend a hard dollar for a hard-to-see impact?
We need to make the business case for Leadership Development and show the value by calculating the Return On Investment (ROI). We need to demonstrate, with clear, easy-to-digest, tangible data, the impact that Leadership Development has on the bottom line, so management can make informed decisions.
In this session we’ll learn how to:
• Calculate ROI - and what the biggest mistake is in assessing ROI
• Measure true impact by identifying the right metrics - which may not be the ones you think
• Make Leadership Development success/progress easier to measure
• Get management buy-in
• Help management see Leadership Development as a profit-center, not a cost-center
• Improve the chances of continued and even increased funding for Leadership Development
By helping you build a methodology for collecting and quantifying the ROI on your Leadership Development program, you’ll be able to answer the question: is it having an impact or is it just an expense?
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Ken Blackwell, CEO of InKlaritas is a seasoned trainer, coach, speaker and facilitator. He is known for his signature practice of “Rescuing Accidental Leaders and Dysfunctional Teams” and is an instructor of Leadership and Coaching courses in Rutgers University’s Professional and Executive Education program. Ken sits on several non-profit boards and associations where, despite a slight case of arithmophobia, he has been tapped to serve as treasurer and on their finance committees.
- HRCI: 1 Business Credit (approved)
- SHRM: 1 Professional Development Credit (approved)