The Susan Warner Professional Development in Human Resources Scholarship Award
Tuesday, December 18, 2018
Posted by: Laurie Sample
This Academic Scholarship awards active SEPA SHRM members who are seeking development/advancement in the Human Resources field. It is given by SEPA SHRM in honor of Susan Warner, founder of SEPA SHRM, and lifelong teacher, mentor and leader in the HR and Professional Education and Development Community.
Awards: 1 awarded each calendar year
Selection Decision: made annually by the SEPA SHRM Board of Directors
Applicant must be seeking professional development and/or pursuing either an undergraduate or a graduate college degree in an HR-related field through an accredited institution of higher learning. Full-time, part-time, online and distance learning programs are acceptable;
May be used for HR Certification programs (SHRM-CP, or SCP, or HRCI PHR, SPHR or GPHR).
- May not be used to attend professional development seminars or workshops, or for re-certification credits;
- May not be used to cover past expenses (i.e. those who have already completed courses);
Payment includes only amounts not reimbursed from other sources;
Applicants must be active SEPA SHRM Members (one year prior and must keep membership for at one year after receipt of award);
Applicants apply via letter (not to exceed 2 pages) to the SEPA SHRM Board of Directors to include:
- Type of HR degree/program you are seeking
- Why you have chosen HR as a field of study;
- Why you are a good candidate for the scholarship award;
- Your current HR experience and/or level of involvement/volunteer work in HR;
- How you plan to use your knowledge to “give back” to the HR Community;
NOTE: Before the award is paid, the recipient must show evidence of acceptance or enrollment in an HR-related program of study. These funds must be used for this sole purpose or must be returned to SEPA SHRM.